Types of Aid

Federal Work-Study

The Federal Work-Study program provides an opportunity for students to earn money through part-time employment. Federal Work-Study is similar to any other job, the only major difference being that the federal government pays a portion of wages earned, and the campus employer contributes the remainder. Learn more about Federal Work-Study.


The University of Chicago administers both Federal Direct Loans and alternative loans from private lenders. The federal loan programs often provide students with the most advantageous loan options and eligible students are encouraged to consider any Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan options closely. Learn more about loan options.

Veteran's Benefits and AmeriCorps National Service Awards

UChicago participates in other educational initiatives such as the Yellow-Ribbon Veteran’s Benefits and AmeriCorps National Service Awards Programs. We suggest that you read through this section to learn more about these opportunities and how they can help you finance your education. Learn more about Veteran's Benefits and AmeriCorps.

Other Sources of Aid

There are a variety of financial aid sources for graduate students including, UChicago Advanced Scholars (4+1) Program, UChicago Tuition Remission, and Institutional Scholarships and Grants. Learn more about Other Sources of Aid.