Skip to main content

Types of Funding

Understanding Graduate Financial Aid Webinar

Speakers from Graduate Financial Aid and UChicagoGRAD discuss graduate funding at UChicago.

2023-2024 Susanne H. Rudolph Scholarship

A graduate education at the University of Chicago is a great opportunity for our 2023 College graduates who would like to stay at the University and enhance their knowledge with further studies. Should you be admitted to one of our eligible graduate programs, we will award the Rudolph Scholarship for the 2023-2024 academic year. Find more information here.

Scholarships & Grants

A student’s graduate division or professional school determines the amount of any scholarships, fellowships, and assistantships. For more information about these awards, you should visit UChicagoGRAD.

The Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant Program provides up to a $4,000 grant each year to graduate students who intend to teach in a public or private elementary or secondary school that is high-need. Learn more.


The Federal Work-Study program provides an excellent opportunity for you to earn money through part-time employment. Federal Work-Study is similar to any other job, the only major difference being that the Federal government pays a portion of your wages, and your campus employer contributes the remainder. Learn more about Work-Study.

Veteran's Benefits and AmeriCorps National Service Awards

UChicago participates in other educational initiatives such as the Yellow-Ribbon Veteran’s Benefits and AmeriCorps National Service Awards Programs. We suggest that you read through this section to learn more about these opportunities and how they can help you finance your education. Learn more.


The University of Chicago administers both Federal loan and alternative loan programs. The Federal program provides you with the most attractive choice of loan options, but certain alternative lenders can also provide you reasonable terms. Learn more about available loans.

UChicago Tuition Remission

If you are a staff member who receives tuition remission, you must contact Human Resources and apply for remission each quarter for which you are enrolled. Once your application has been processed by the benefits office, the Office of the Bursar will credit your bill for the amount of your remission. Any questions about your application, the amount of your remission, or payment should be emailed to the human resources benefits team at

Financial Aid Logo

Please rotate your device