Financial aid may be available for eligible domestic and international UChicago College students who will be enrolled in courses during the Summer Quarter (including the September Session). Students attending the summer quarter may be eligible for Summer Scholarship, Federal Pell Grant, Federal Stafford Loans, Summer Federal Work-Study and Funding for Paris Summer Study Abroad Program.
To make it easier for students to access Summer Quarter funding, The College will no longer require a separate Summer financial aid application to be considered for the Summer Scholarship or Federal Pell Grants. Students who received need-based financial aid during the Autumn, Winter or Spring Quarters and are enrolled in Summer courses (or the September Session) will automatically be reviewed for Summer financial aid eligibility. Eligible students will be notified of their Summer financial aid eligibility via email beginning in late March. There is no deadline for Summer financial aid consideration and our office will continue to monitor for new enrollment and package financial aid accordingly throughout the summer.
Students wishing to utilize Federal Direct Stafford Loans or Federal Work-Study during the summer will need to complete a separate application (see below).
Traditional need-based aid (such as UChicago Grants and Odyssey Scholarships) are not available during the summer term.
- Summer Scholarship - Eligible students with demonstrated need will receive $1,000 per 100-unit course (maximum $3,000). Odyssey students will receive $4,500 per 100-unit course (maximum $13,500).* This Scholarship will only count toward tuition costs.
- Federal Pell Grant - Eligibility is based on student's federal Expected Family Contribution and Summer enrollment of 200 units or more.
- Federal Stafford Loans - Federal loan eligibility requires enrollment in at least 200 units of coursework. Funding may be prorated and could impact future academic year availability. Students wishing to utilize Federal Direct Stafford Loans or Federal Work-Study during the summer will need to complete a separate application (see below).
- Summer Federal Work-Study - A student can receive Federal Work-Study even if the student is not enrolled in the Summer but will enroll during the Autumn 2023 Quarter. Students wishing to utilize Federal Direct Stafford Loans or Federal Work-Study during the summer will need to complete a separate application (see below).
* In the event that an Odyssey student's tuition charges are less than $4,500the Odyssey scholarship would be reduced to match the tuition.
A student must also be meeting all Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements at the end of Spring Quarter.
For students who did not attend during Autumn, Winter or Spring quarters, please contact the Office of Financial Aid. Instructions for receiving an initial financial aid decision can be found here.