How do I apply for Financial Aid at UChicago?
- Submit the FREE UChicago Financial Aid Worksheet (in your UChicago Account)
- If you would prefer to submit the CSS Profile, use school code 1832
- Upload your Parent(s) 2022 Federal Tax Return (including all schedules) to your UChicago Account
- Upload your Parent(s) 2022 W-2 Forms to your UChicago account
- If your parent(s) did not receive a W-2 Form please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know the reason that there is no W-2 Form
- If it applies to you – upload your Parent(s) 2022 Federal Business Tax Returns including all schedules.
- Most importantly – 2024-2025 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (School code 001774)*
- Please Note: the 2024-2025 FAFSA will become available in December 2023. Once the FAFSA is available, we will send you an email and ask that you complete the application as quickly as possible.
- For students who have submitted all other financial aid requirements before the priority deadline, the Office of Financial Aid will provide an estimate of the financial aid package without the information from the FAFSA. The financial aid package will not be finalized until the FAFSA has been received.
We cannot accept required documents via e-mail. Your UChicago account is your passport to financial aid. Please upload all requirements there. (We do not use the CSS Profile IDOC system, so please do not submit materials for us there).
Business tax returns are required regardless of the percentage of ownership that parents hold in the business. Please contact our office via e-mail at email@example.com with any questions.
What are the deadlines?
Submitting the items above by the deadlines in the table below (besides the FAFSA) will ensure that you have a financial aid estimate at the time of admissions decision release. Submitting items after the deadlines does NOT mean you will not receive financial aid. You may not have a financial aid estimate at the time of your admissions decision.
Once the FAFSA is available, please complete it as soon as possible to finalize your financial aid package (recommended by February 1, 2024)
|Early Action||Early Decision I||Early Decision II||FAFSA Completion Deadline||Regular Decision||Transfer|
|Priority deadline for Financial Aid document submission||Nov. 15th||Nov. 15th||Jan. 15th||Feb. 1st||Feb. 15th||Mar. 15th|