The University of Chicago participates in the educational initiative for post-9/11 servicemen and women in partnership with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, the Yellow Ribbon Education Enhancement Program. The program is part of the post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008, also known as Chapter 33. For more information, please visit the Registrar’s website.
AmeriCorps National Service Awards
If you’re interested in this award, we advise you to request an AmeriCorps award online. The University will receive this request electronically. However when selecting the area within the University of Chicago section on the website, you should choose “Graduate Tuition.”
- AmeriCorps sends a check directly to the Bursar’s office, and it’s applied to students’ tuition account.
- AmeriCorps releases funds in two installments. Per the student’s requested amount, half is disbursed at the beginning of the quarter, and the second half is disbursed approximately one month from the beginning of the quarter.
- When the College Aid office receives and processes the student’s AmeriCorps request, AmeriCorps will send the student an email confirmation.
- AmeriCorps will then confirm the date to release funds to the Bursar’s Office.
- Once the funds are sent to UChicago, students should allow 7 to 10 business days for the Bursar’s office to apply the funds into their accounts.