Aid Application Guidelines

 The preferred method of sending documents to the Office of College Aid is via fax to 773-834-4300. However, you may also mail documents to the Office of College Aid at 1115 E. 58th Street, Chicago, IL 60637. Please use the University of Chicago school codes on all application materials submitted online (FAFSA: 001774; CSS Profile: 1832).

Please select a tab below to learn more about each classification of financial aid. 

All Need-Based Aid

Forms needed for rising 2nd & 3rd year students:

Forms needed for rising 4th year students:

  • Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (School code 001774)
  •  CSS Profile (School code 1832)
  • Parent 2015 Federal Tax Return: This may be mailed or faxed to the Office of College Aid. Taxes must be signed and include the student ID number. Include all schedules and W-2 forms.
  • Non Custodial Profile (if needed): Upon completion of the CSS Profile, the student will receive directions that should be forwarded to the Non Custodial Parent.

Federal Financial Aid

You want to renew federal funds only, like the Stafford or Perkins Loan programs. You should also follow these directions if your family needs to borrow a Federal Direct Loan Parent PLUS Loan.

Forms Needed:

Merit-Based Aid

Your merit-based aid will automatically be awarded. You do not need to submit any documentation. If you wish to be considered for need-based aid, please visit that section above. 


To renew your Questbridge scholarship, please follow the directions below.

Forms Needed:

International Financial Aid

Your international financial aid award will be automatically renewed.

Federal Direct PLUS Loan Only

You did not apply for financial aid but your family wants to borrow using the Federal Direct PLUS Loan.

Forms Needed:

For more detailed instructions on applying for the 2017-18 Direct PLUS Loan, visit 2017-18 Direct PLUS Instructions.