Undergraduate Financial Aid Philosophy
Unique among many institutions of higher education, UChicago’s College Admissions and Financial Aid philosophies demonstrate our commitment to making your UChicago education affordable.
- College Admissions admits students without consideration of financial resources through a need-blind admissions process.
- We meet 100% of admitted students’ demonstrated financial need as determined by Financial Aid’s holistic review process.
- We award similar amounts of financial aid throughout students' enrollment as long as they remain eligible and their families' financial positions remain relatively unchanged.
- We continuously review financial aid programs and policies to ensure that we:
1. Award financial aid in a fair and equitable manner
2. Provide financial aid programs that meet and respond to student needs
3. Comply with federal and state regulations
4. Simplify the financial aid application process
- International and undocumented students are eligible for financial support as determined at the time of their admission.
Graduate Financial Aid Functions
- We process student loans and Federal Work-Study applications for students in the graduate and professional schools and divisions, including the Graham School of General Studies and certificate programs.
- We conduct entrance and exit loan counseling for all students receiving federal student loans.
- We authorize the disbursal of loan funds to all students receiving federal student loans.