Study Abroad

If you are participating in a University of Chicago sponsored study abroad program your tuition will be the same as if you were enrolled on the UChicago campus. The allowance for books and personal expenses will also be the same. There is a program fee associated with each study abroad program that will be charged to your account. This fee includes accommodation, instruction, student support and program excursions. The above costs are used in determining your financial aid for the corresponding quarter for which you are abroad.

Additional out-of-pocket expenses (a non-refundable study abroad administrative fee and travel expenses to and from your destination) are not included in the financial aid determination.

If you are participating in a non-University sponsored study abroad program you must take a leave of absence and are not eligible to receive financial aid through the University of Chicago. A non-University program, therefore, will not affect your quarters of aid eligibility.

If you are in a non-University sponsored program and your academic adviser has approved transfer credits, please contact our office to discuss your financial aid options.

For more information, please visit the Study Abroad Office.